Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What I am and what I am not.

Let's start out with what I am not:

I am not Larry Vickers, Massad Ayoob, Chris Costa, or Travis Haley.  I'm not a 'high speed, low drag' tactical operator.  I've never been to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I'm not former or current military.  I'm not the guy who can or will claim to teach to you be able to clear rooms or take on a terrorist cell.

What I am:

I'm a person who has over 20 years of experience shooting and handling firearms safely.  I've received, and plan to continue receiving, professional firearms training from a number of competent instructors.  I am, quite frankly, far more skilled in the use of firearms than your average firearms owner.

I've taught a number of people to shoot over the years and as I've become more confident with my own skills I've tried to pass those skills on to others.

I want to expose the person who has no experience with firearms to my world in a fun and safe environment.  While my focus is self defense I am also a competitive shooter and I doubt I would be where I am today if shooting wasn't so much fun.  The vast, overwhelming majority of firearms used in the United States are used for sport and recreation.

I'm a pistol guy, and for now that is where I'm going to focus with Tumultuous Adventures Preparedness.  I want to give individuals their first exposure to pistol shooting and if they enjoy it I want to teach them the skills to be a safe and confident firearms owner.    

No comments:

Post a Comment